Exercise can be fun!! Whether you have five minutes or an hour set aside, there are tons of ways to make exercise enjoyable. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Exercise with a friend. If you struggle to get out of bed in the morning to exercise or find yourself making excuses after work, find an exercise buddy. Exercising with a friend will give you more motivation and some laughs along the way.
- Get outside. If the gym isn’t for you, head outside! Find somewhere new to go for a walk or enjoy a bike ride. And if you have a dog, they’ll be thrilled to join you!
- Join a class. Yoga, Pilates, water aerobics, dancing, spinning, kickboxing, and Zumba are all great options! Not only will you have fun, but you could make new friends in the process.
- Pump up the volume. Instead of exercising in silence, turn on your favorite motivational music and get moving. Have fun creating your own playlist!
- Download some apps. Browse the many fitness apps available to help you stay on track. Not only can you monitor your workouts, you can also get tips, advice and reminders. Some fun apps to peruse include MapMyWalk, 20 Minute Beginners Workout, and PocketYoga.
In addition to your daily exercise routine, don't forget Dr. A’s micro Habits for Healthy Motion. Things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking your car farther away in the parking lot are easy to fit into your day. And whatever you do, keep it fun!